Thanks to those that came out to our first club meeting of the year. Everyone seemed to like the new meeting location at Temblor Brewery!
Quick recap of some of the business:
•Club President Brian Guiniling thanked Tommy Bryant for his term on the board of directors, and welcomed new Vice President Kevin Talley
•The BoD discussed some goals for 2017, including but not limited to:
•Helping Gary Bryant ride 100 miles a month ;-)
•Looking into co-hosting an enduro-style race
•Hosting a "May is Bike Month" pop-up event, hopefully at local bike shops.
•Holding events to encourage new riders/members and their families
• The club has scheduled a few All-Level out of town rides (exact dates to be determined soon):
*March 2017: Castaic (Tapia Canyon)
*June 2017: Just Outstanding
*September 2017: Tehachapi (Lehigh)
*December 2017: Palmdale
• Kevin Fabrizo has volunteered to revamp the website and be the web coordinator for the year, and will work with Kevin Talley and Brian Guiniling on content.
• Kevin Talley announced his new business - Grizzly Cycles Mobile Service - and will travel to you for repairs. He will be offering discounts on parts to club members.
• Kevin Talley also wants to lead a monthly Family Ride to help get kids and other beginners on bikes, and teach them basic skills needed to ride in the Foothills. The first ride is scheduled for February 11th, 9AM at Thorner.
• Memberships expire in February. Please consider renewing your membership!
Thanks again to all, and our next meeting will be April 11th, 6:30PM at Temblor Brewery.